Operating valves allow you to:
- Close and open valves
- Update valves settings
- Isolate areas
- And visualize the impacts of these changes on the fly - whether in the office or in the field.
With this functionality, you can simulate various what-if scenarios including rezoning, DMA management, water quality management, main conditioning, unidirectional flushing, etc.
Open & close valves
To open or close a valve, you just need to:
- Click on the valve
- Change the toggle ON / OFF
- The valve icon will switch from gray to red
Update valve settings
If you need to update a valve setting:
- Select a regulation valve (PRV, PSV, or FCV)
- Enter the desired value in the setting input
- And the change will reflect immediately on the valve’s details and icon
Any change applies from the current time step until the end of the day, and when navigating forward or backward in time. Any pre-existing controls in the model will prevail over manual changes.