Before starting to run simulations, Qatium performs a series of checks on the resulting network to assure everything is ready.
Generating the model
Before creating the model from the GIS data inputted, Qatium will:
- Ignore loop pipes and isolated junctions
- Ignore elements not connected to a supply source or a tank
- Convert valves and pumps into linear objects
Once we generate the model, Qatium checks the executability by simulating the model for a single timestep.
Network levels calculation
And the final checks: network levels calculation. This will allow fast visualization of the arterial or distribution part of the network.
Qatium will define the 85th percentile after calculating the aggregated length for each pipe diameter, and we will consider:
- All pipes with a diameter below the 80th percentile as part of the distribution level
- All pipes with a diameter equal to or above as part of the arterial level
Apart from that, we perform additional consistency checks:
- Every distribution pipe connected at both ends to arterial pipes is set to arterial
- Every arterial pipe not connected to an arterial path connecting to a supply source is set to distribution